Steven Soderbergh made “Haywire” to show off the skills of mixed martial arts champion Gina Carano. She’s not the only female film character who’s Liam Neeson-tough, though. Moviefone put together this list of female film characters who are ready to kill you.
1. Lisabeth Salander (Rooney Mara) in “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” – And somewhat scary looking as well as tough. The no eyebrows thing gets me every time, no matter who does it.
2. Molly Weasley (Julie Walters) in “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part II” – I don’t know if I can get behind someone who offs Helena Bonham Carter, but whatever.
3. Queen Gorgo (Lena Headey) in “300″ – He started it.
4. Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher) in “Return of the Jedi” – I don’t know if I want to give her too much credit for this. I mean, Jabba the Hut’s kind of an easy mark.
5. Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton) in “The Terminator” – Did Moviefone put this list in any kind of particular order? Because Sarah Connor was the original too tough for you, two tickets to the gun show hardcore female heroine. If this is in order of toughness, she’d have to be near the top, right?
6. Alabama (Patricia Arquette) in “True Romance” – I haven’t seen this, but after reading the description, it sounds like she belongs on this list. Patricia Arquette. Who knew?
7. Amy (Kathleen Quinlan) in “Breakdown” – Another surprise–Kathleen Quinlan. I’d never heard of this, but any girl who drops a truck on a guy should not be questioned, I’d say.
8. Clarice Starling (Jodie Foster) in “The Silence of the Lambs” – I’ve often said this movie’s a little overrated, but I have no quarrel with Clarice’s toughness.
9. Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) in “Aliens” – Yup. Done.
10. The Bride (Uma Thurman) in “Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2″ – The ultimate revenge taker.
Any other thoughts? I’d give Marian Ravenwood in “Raiders of the Lost Ark” some consideration.